Thursday, October 29, 2009

Apples for dinner

This month we've had our fill of apples. I love that the only traveling our apples have done is in our own car. The only hands they've been in are our own. And I love that we've had Warm Curried Chick Peas with Apples on the menu all October.

For those of you who like curry, here it is. I'm pretty sure I got this, or a variation of it, from vegweb some time ago.

Warm Curried Chick Peas with Apples
2 T oil
1 T curry
2 potatoes, diced
3 carrots, diced
Put the above in skillet and cook, covered, for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes and carrots are almost done, then add:
1 red pepper, diced
3 apples, diced
1 1/2 c cooked chick peas (or one can)
1 T apple cider vinegar
Cook for another 10 minutes, or until desired tenderness.










Despite my menu planning, there have been a couple of nights this month when dinner was apples, [self] served with peanut butter.

No comments: