Wednesday, June 10, 2009

happy birthday my five year old!

Five years ago this afternoon I was keeping track of contractions on a Post-It note while working on a project at work. I needed to call a colleague in Florida. I waited for the next contraction to pass, then picked up the phone. I needed to talk with someone on the other side of the office. Again, I waited, then speed walked through the maze of cubicles. In the end I waited a bit too long, and our baby boy arrived at 5:23, just three minutes after we arrived at the hospital. Even our wonderful midwife missed the moment, much to her disappointment.

Four (now Five) created quite a commotion that day, and every day since. He has a flare for performance, a talent for creating different voices and characters, and style that doesn't quit. What other four year old would dissuade his mother from buying a summer hat because it's "too farmerish"?

Happy birthday Five!


(thanks Monica for capturing our boys so beautifully)

No comments: